A face mask helps in preventing the spread of infectious diseases like COVID-19 which is a threat to people’s health and the economy in the current period. According to the World Health Organization, wearing masks and maintaining social distancing can prevent the spread of such infectious diseases.
Just wearing face masks is not enough. You must know how to put them on and take them off. There are different kinds of masks that you can use but which one is the right mask for you? N95 masks have been certified and proved to be the best ones to protect during this pandemic. There are also some reusable masks that you must disinfect before every use.
You can now order face masks online without the risk of catching the infection by stepping outside. Custom Earth Promos is an eco-friendly company based in Delray Beach, Florida State, USA. They specialize in making face masks and reusable custom bags from natural and recyclable material. To Order N 95 Face Masks in Bulk for Low Prices and other disposable faces masks online, visit: https://www.customearthpromos.com/health-wellness/disposable-face-masks.html
When to wear face masks?
Different types of masks are used in different ways. Your mask must have three-layer protection to prevent the virus to get into your body. Some people wear surgical masks to prevent COVID-19. However, according to WHO, surgical masks are useful only for cold, fever, and other respiratory issues. You can use it in case you are a caretaker of a sick person.
Surgical masks will not protect you from SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus, as it does not filter smaller respiratory droplets and doesn’t fit properly on your face. However, N95 respirators are the perfect choice for preventing the spread of coronavirus as it covers most of the area of your face and is highly breathable. It filters smaller airborne particles as well.
Due to the shortage of masks in many places, healthcare organizations have recommended people to make their masks.
The right way to wear a mask:
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap or use an alcohol bases sanitizer.
- Check if your face mask is in a proper condition.
- In the case of surgical masks, the colored side must be outward and for N95 masks the filter must be outside.
- If there is a metallic strip on top of your mask, it must be positioned at the bridge of the nose.
- In case you have a mask with ear loops, hold it by the loops and wear one loop over each of the ears. If it has ties, tie the upper and lower string into a bow near the nape of your neck and crown of your head respectively.
- Make sure the metallic strip is placed tightly on your nose and cover your mouth and chin by pulling the bottom of your mask accordingly.
- Make sure the mask fits you and don’t touch it frequently as the particles might stick to your hands. If your mask gets damp, wear a new one or wash it in case it is a reusable mask.
What not to do?
You must not reuse disposable masks, hang it around the neck, or remove it while talking to others.